Joined: 09 Sep 2006
|Posted: Sep 04, 2007 11:16 am Post subject: Why does red X show up instead of my image?
|Why does red X show up instead of my image?
Symptoms are related to bugs in Outlook 2003 and earlier.
- Instead of showing your image, a Red X will show up when some users create a new email. The receiver will also have the red x.
- Instead of showing your image, the reply signature shows a Red X after a few replies. This goes for all users and for both linked and embedded image.
Viewing the html source reference a outbind src to the same image which seems to get lost. Example:
|<IMG src="outbind://38/29.gif" border=0> |
- Download eMailSignature and enter Diagnostics, right click on user and select 'Remove Red X':
- Check that Word is not allowed in eMailSignature:
- Change BlockHTTPImages value to 0 (zero) in your registry:
</Jesper> :: Xink :: Help Desk and Knowledge Base